August 2, 2010

HE RAPS

I created the layout "He Raps" for my son Pierre. He is a local rapper in the Orlando area. I believe my son was born a rapper. My son was born in the mid 80's, approximately 5 years after the first rap song was recorded. You may be familiar with this song by The Sugarhill Gang, "Rapper's Delight", I know it was one of my favorites. I guess it is possible I played that song to death thus creating my own little Hip Hop Rapper. Look at me taking all the credit. For those of you that are unfamiliar with Rapping, it is also referred to as MCing or emceeing, it's a vocal style in which the artist speaks lyrically, in rhyme and verse, generally to an instrumental or synthesized beat. My son spoke in ryhme since the first day he started speaking. Every word that came out of his mouth had a musical beat to it. I always thought it was funny how he elongated everything he said to make it sound musical. One word that always sticks to mind is how instead of saying "Papi" (spanish for dad) he would say "pappiti". It was difficult creating this layout cause it needed a nice urban feel to it which you don't get out of adding the normal embellishemnts like flowers and ribbons. So it tool awhile and this is what I came up with. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment